Sunday, March 11, 2012

On the unfortunate difficulty of being human


I realise I haven't blogged in a while, and the reason is simple.  There's been some stuff going on in my life (not horrible, nothing for anyone to be concerned about) that has been preventing me.  I've also been a bit low about it all, so not really in the mood quite frankly.  But I wanted to post this small post simply to point out that this happens.  To everyone.  To remind people, and myself, that things go wrong.  We feel sad.  But it isn't for forever.  

And it will get better eventually.

So as a pick me up for me, and hopefully for your enjoyment, here are some things that make me happy. 

















Atticus as a kitten











Last but not least . . . The Rainbow Connection.  Which has amazing restorative powers.



3 comments:

Exam Notes said...

Nice interesting and funny post

Kiwi's Girl said...

Well, I understand completely (anyone who's ever lived understands to one degree or another) the sometimes unfortunate difficulties of being human. When we hit those times in our lives where we're just not going the direction we'd had in mind and we feel sad or angry about the whole thing. 'Course, there are lots of other things that can cause us to feel like we're in a funk, but that's beside my point! It is my personal belief, based on my own hard won experience, that all things happen for the better. Even when that better outcome (job, relationship, whatever it may be) seems like it will never come or is impossible. One must ride the waves knowing and trusting that the storm will pass and one will be safely guided to the shore of a more beautiful land. And yeah, that can be the hardest thing, to trust that it will end and we'll be the better for it. I know that very well but I also know that it really is true; everything happens for the better. On a different note, I'd like to tell you, Adrienne, how much I admire you! I am an aspiring actress and singer/musician, among other things. I simply adore your writing and books. I love your sense of humor and the way you tell a story. I look at you and your work and think to myself, "Wow, look at how amazing, accomplished and funny she is! I know I can do amazing things like her! She's a strong woman with a real zest for life! I really like that." I admire your humor and attitude on top of your exquisite writing. Thanks for being a role model for me because I see you as the amazing, brilliant and uproariously funny woman you are! You and the life you lead are an inspiration to me and proof that we can do amazing things. May you shine brighter everyday with happiness, love, wisdom, and peace. Blessings to you! Thank you for living!!

Scarlett said...

that teddy bear picture absolutely made my day (the other pictures were fantastic too, but that one is by far the bestest!). Thanks for sharing!