Friday, April 09, 2010

Ad Astra Schedule 2010

Yup it's that time of year again! The Ad Astra Convention here in Toronto is back this weekend, and of course yours truly will be attending. For previous posts on the event check them out here:

Ad Astra 2007
Ad Astra 2008 (and the pics)
Ad Astra 2009

I will, of course, write another wrap up account of the event next week, but right now, for those of you interested in attending, I thought I'd post my schedule of panels for the weekend.


Sat 11:00 AM
Crowne Room
Reading: Tamora Pierce, Adrienne Kress, Lesley Livingston



Sat 12:00 PM
Salon 241
Writing the Young Adult Novel
Kelley Armstrong (m), Alison Baird, Adrienne Kress, Tamora Pierce, Lesley Livingston

Think writing YA means dumbing down plot-lines and taking out all the sex, profanity and violence? Think again. Come find out more about the fastest growing sub-genre in the business.



Sat 3:00 PM
Salon 241
Reading Your Writing to an Audience
Rebecca Simkin (m), Adrienne Kress,Ed Greenwood, Brad Carson, Ian Keeling

Learn what you need to know to be an effective and engaging reader of your work. Authors who are also actors share their secrets on voice projection, pacing, volume and other skills.



Sat 4:00 PM
Ballr. East
Autograph Session (to 5:30)



Sun 10:00 AM
Ballr. East
How to Get an Agent
Megan Crewe, Adrienne Kress, Ian Keeling, Gregory A. Wilson (m)

Where should you start looking? What should you look for?



Sun 1:00 PM
Ballr. West
Constellation Awards Fan Forum
Andrew Gurudata (m), Adrienne Kress, Derwin Mak, JM Frey, Gavin Stephens

Nominations for the 2010 Constellation Awards closed at the end of March, and Ad Astra will be one of the first places where you’ll be able to find out who the final nominees are for this year! What sci-fi actors, series, films, and technical teams from 2009 made the ballot? Come find out here first! And for each category, our Fan Forum will then discuss the nominees and debate who will win. Join us for the big announcement and all the fun discussion that will follow!


__________________________________

Okay I am also totally aware of my lack of blogging for the last two weeks, but I was away in the UK and then catching up on work this week. But I have some blog posts planned for next week, and I think it's about time I got back to the regular blogging thing, it's been too long.

I'll post a longer "What I did in the UK" post next week, but until then, here's a couple pics from the trip (I'll post more later):



I love spring in London - especially for the daffodils!



The South Bank



Notting Hill at night after a rain fall. I know. Rain in England, who'da thunk it!

No comments: