Monday, January 18, 2010

Welcome and A Walk Down Memory Lane . . .

In the last few weeks I've had some new visitors to my blog and I just wanted to say thank you very much for stopping by, I hope you visit again, and, of course, welcome! It means a lot to me that people feel like I'm blogging on subjects that interest, inform, and sometimes even inspire.

With that in mind, and seeing as I missed Friday and my usual roundup, I thought I'd post a list of previous posts I've written for those of you new to my blog. Yes, it's Monday - the day of self-aggrandisment. I do have a list of what I consider quite helpful posts in my sidebar to the right, including my road to publication, advice on how to read aloud, and General Advice on Writing/Publishing, but I thought for all my new visitors who have enjoyed my entries from the last week that you might like a quick list of posts that have garnered a particular bit of attention in the past.

I've also finally decided to add that "Followers" thingy in my sidebar, so if you are so inclined, please do click on the "Follow" button. Wondrous things will happen when you do. Namely you'll be . . . following . . .my . . . blog . . .

Now, without further ado, some of my previous posts on the world of publishing:

So you want to get published . . .Getting An Agent and From Agent To Publisher

Magical Realism

Advice and Uber Helpful Links

Chasing Trends


Addendum to Chasing Trends

Thoughtfulness

On Editing

Why I write for Children (a guest blog post at agent Nathan Bransford's blog)


Lauren Conrad's Book (about celebrity authors)

The New YA

The Self Publishing Debate

The Self Publishing Debate Becomes a Debate


Gender in the Publishing World


Why "New Adult" Interests Me

2 comments:

Michelle Teacress said...

Helpful info! Thanks very much. Have a great week.
@MTeacress

erica m. chapman said...

Great info! Thanks for sharing :o) Love your posts!