Friday, January 05, 2007

Treasure Chest

You know I just realised that I never told you about the treasure chest.

Well here it is:



When Scholastic made their offer back in May, it was sent over to my agent in this chest. It is so awesome and it is sitting on my shelf right next to me. The weathered scrolls is where they wrote their offer, and all the costume jewelry and chocolate money was stashed in the drawers. At the right of the picture you can see the edge of the treasure map they made. And behind the whole picture is the brown paper they wrapped it in with travel stickers on it (this is because there is a very long train sequence in the book that is reminiscent of the 1920's/30's).

I have kept it relatively as it was when I got it - though the chocolate money seems to have vanished somehow. It's a mystery.

So yes, baby's first treasure chest! Isn't it totally cool?

2 comments:

ORION said...

Oh my gosh I didn't realize toothpaste was you!!!!!!
email me off my blog in my gmail account!

Anonymous said...

what a lovely gesture from a set of imaginative people. Let's just hope your royalty checks are not all paid in chocolate coins!